You may recognise his face from big movies such as Spiderman and Whiplash
But he is a very interesting man – learn further facts here that you probably don’t already know!
- His mother was an administrator, while his father was a college professor.
2. “J.K.” is short for his first and middle names, Jonathan Kimble.
3.Between film, television, and video games, he is credited with nearly 150 roles. And that doesn’t even count theater or commercials!
4.He’s also been the voice of the yellow peanut M&M since the late ’90s.
5. He will be starring in 2017 biggest movie, Justice League as Commissioner Gordon. He has been going to the gym HARD, and looks this good at 61!
6. Before starring in movies, Simmons could be seen on the stage. Notably, the actor and singer played Benny Southstreet in the 1992 Broadway revival of “Guys and Dolls.” More than 20 years later, he’s taking home awards for his performances on the big screen.
7.His performance as music instructor Terrence Fletcher in “Whiplash” has earned him numerous awards, including the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor. Next up, the Oscars.
8. At the University of Montana, Simmons actually studied to become a composer before transitioning into musicals and acting!
9. To date, the veteran actor has appeared in five Best Picture Oscar-nominated films: “The Cider House Rules” (1999), “Juno” (2007), “Up in the Air” (2009), “True Grit” (2010), and “Whiplash” (2014).